The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 1月楼市成交量回落 2015年难超2013年峰值
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 惊爆：家居业“无铅水龙头”事件内幕 其实只是一种营销手段 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 热点二线城市库存告急：南京苏州房子只够卖俩月 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 石材行业新模式：未来发展趋向综合性多元化: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 数个热点城市租房市场监管加码 业内称更多城市将效仿深圳 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 房企业绩冷热两极分化 开发商“喊涨”底气不足
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- “红五月”成色不足 端午楼市平淡收官
- 成交量同比增长超过五成 三线城市楼市走热
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Other high points for the school include being first for alumni international mobility, second for international experience and third for job placement.
- 2天内5盘公证摇号6盘领销许 南京岁末楼市开启“旺季”模式
- 京城二手房回暖明显 房东捂房惜售重返市场
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
“…said he never lets people see him sweat — but he was sweating profusely.”
A police raid of an illegal food store in southern China has exposed tonnes of rancid, decades-old chicken feet being 'processed' to be sold to unassuming customers.
Dachis says: Kraft took a stance in support of genetically engineered foods midway through the year and the decision turned their brand into an overall loser for 2012.